Welcome to Central Michigan University!
Founded in 1892, Central Michigan University is an accredited, high-quality institution with more than 125 years of experience in graduating leaders. CMU is a Doctoral Research University and is among the 100 largest public universities in the United States. With more than 70 master’s and doctoral-level programs, CMU might be your best choice!
An excellent and accredited MBA?
Or an industry-specific MSA?
Nearly every student who wants to study business in the U.S. starts by comparing MBA programs. That’s a great idea … if an MBA is the best master’s degree program for their needs. For many students, however, there’s an alternative master’s degree option that better fits their needs.
Here at CMU, we of course provide an excellent and accredited MBA. We reach beyond AACSB accreditation standards, though, and provide a tailored MBA that prepares graduates with valuable business education, business management tools, and hands-on training that brings immediate value to employers.
CMU additionally provide one of the most innovative and industry-specific master’s degrees in administration anywhere in the U.S. With over 3,000 students enrolled each year online, on campus, or at satellite locations throughout the U.S., our Master of Science in Administration (MSA) degree might be your best option. You should explore both the MBA and MSA degree options.
Central Michigan University (CMU) is a dynamic, student-focused university actively engaging students in academic, professional, cultural, and recreational activities within a comfortable yet challenging environment. Frequently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as among the top 25 in the U.S. for online undergraduate programs, graduate programs in education, and MBA
, many on campus programs additionally carry prestigious accreditations and national rankings. College of Business Administration
offers a unique MBA program
that’s fully accredited by AACSB-International,
with areas of concentration in:
- Business Economics
- General Business
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems
- International Business
- Logistics Management (online concentration courses)
- Value-Driven Organization
What makes CMU’s unique MBA so valuable?
- SAP Integration: CMU was among the first to partner with SAP, and CMU’s MBA fully integrates SAP into the curriculum, and students may become officially certified in SAP!
- Faculty Mentoring: CMU faculty value individual student accomplishment. Classes are kept small, and the faculty carefully mentor each student throughout the entire program.
- Solutions-Based Preparation: CMU’s MBA engages students with group projects and collaborative learning, builds experience with real-world business practice, current cases, simulations, and consulting projects, empowers students with advanced business systems and technology, and enhances oral and written communication skills.
- Joint MBA/MSIS Option: CMU allows highly motivated students to double-count some of their coursework toward completion of both the MBA and the MSIS.
By the way, CMU additionally offers an incredible M.S. in Information Systems
(MSIS) program that also integrates SAP into the curriculum! CMU’s interdisciplinary Master of Science in Administration
(MSA) is for students from all
academic backgrounds and provides industry-focused concentrations
. Any major is accepted, and students may take prerequisite courses after they’ve been admitted to an MSA program, including:
- Acquisitions Administration
- Engineering Management
- General Administration
- Health Services Administration
- Human Resources Administration
- International Administration
- Philanthropy and Fundraising
- Project Management
- Public Administration
- Recreation and Park Administration
- Research Administration
- Training and Development
Each MSA program is comprised with a healthy administrative core
for about half of the coursework and an industry-specific concentration
for the other half. Because the MSA is an interdisciplinary degree program
, it does not carry AACSB-International accreditation, and neither a GMAT nor GRE is required
. All courses are taught by faculty mentors with PhD’s and real-world business experience.
International Student Support
Visit our International Website for information on CMU’s campus, academics, student involvement, applications and admissions, finances, and the surrounding community. CMU’s Office of International Affairs (OIA) provides many services and coordinates social and cultural activities for international students to enhance interaction between students from the U.S. and abroad. We work hard to ensure that international students and scholars experience an easy transition while at CMU. Our staff is dedicated to assisting students with specific advising appointments, answering immigration questions, inviting international scholars to campus, and providing links to our rich international community through cultural programs and events.
English Language Institute
Students wanting to study English may apply for admission into CMU’s English Language Institute (ELI). Students who are accepted for admission to a graduate program but do not meet minimum English proficiency may be admitted into CMU’s Bridge Program. Bridge students are first tested and then take English courses before and/or during at least their first semester at CMU.
For More Information
Please complete the form on the right and we will soon be in touch.